MSLO websites include, but are not limited to: MarthaStewart.com, MarthaStewartWeddings.com, WholeLiving.com, Community.WholeLiving.com, and Dreamers.MarthaStewart.com
1. Personal attacks, harassment, and personal threats are not allowed.
Some examples of personal attacks are:
Some examples of constitute harassment are:
2. Hate speech and hateful imagery is not permitted. These include words, phrases, or images deemed by MSLO to express, either deliberately or unknowingly, hatred or contempt towards a person or a group of people, based on characteristics such as ethnic, cultural, religious or sexual identity, gender, socio-economic class. These also include postings that are derogatory or make unpermitted reference to the physical and/or mental health of another. Posts, discussions or imagery deemed by MSLO to be hate speech will be immediately deleted by our community managers, possibly without warning, and additional penalties or other consequences may apply to the offending user.
3. Respect the privacy of others. Do not post the contents of private messages or personal information about other users that cannot be found on their public profiles or within the discussion boards without that user’s permission. Also, you may not link to off-site privacy violations of a user on other websites other than MSLO websites.
4. MSLO works hard to update and improve the Community/Share experience, and we appreciate helpful ideas and feedback from our members. When MSLO is made aware of issues or problems, MSLO will attempt to rectify or resolve such issues and problems in a manner that is fair to all users. Similarly, MSLO requires that Community/Share users interact with MSLO in a respectful manner, and abuse of MSLO employees, as determined by MSLO, will not be tolerated. MSLO reserves the right to block access to users who abuse MSLO employee(s) at any time.
Be constructive with your feedback.
1. If you have negative feedback about a business or vendor to share, share it with the owner or business first. When posting reviews that contain negative feedback about a business or vendor, remember that you are talking about somebody's livelihood.
2. Stick to the Facts. Personal vendettas and comments of a personal nature are not permitted. Back up your claims with factual information relevant to the feedback you are providing.
3. If MSLO suspects that your goal is to cause harm to a business or person, your posts will be deleted and your posting privileges may be affected.
Keep it clean.
1. No profanity or patently adult language is allowed in avatars, usernames, postings or discussions.
2. Nudity in avatars or other images is not permitted.
1. MSLO does not permit spamming of any kind.
2. Know the difference between “sharing” and “spamming”. Think about the context and timing of posts that are self-promotional. MSLO community managers will decide what content is “sharing” and what amounts to “spamming”. Users will be warned if MSLO community managers determine that their postings and discussions amount to spam before any disciplinary action is taken against that user.
3. Duplicate postings in more than 2 topics or discussions are not permitted, and an unreasonable amount of cross-posting will be considered spam.
Faux members are not permitted. A faux member is defined as an alternative MSLO Community/Share account that is used in a deceptive, dishonest and/or inappropriate fashion. Examples of the inappropriate uses of alternative accounts are using an alternative MSLO Community/Share account to (a) make postings regarding another user account in order to deceive readers or affect public opinion of the other user account; (b) make postings about a business or entity that you are affiliated without disclosing that affiliation; and (c) impersonate another Community/Share user or another person or entity.