My two college age daughters have both gone through attempts at eating vegetarian. To make this work, they will have to give up the following:
- Some of their time, and actually cook or prepare something, instead of going through the drive-thru.
- Their pickiness. Both of them have issues with food textures.
- Their love of convenience and having someone clean up after them.
- One of them will have to dispel her notion that eating in the cafeteria is uncool. That is the healthiest food choices on campus.
- One of them needs to dump the boyfriend who does not support her food choice, and sabotages it every chance he gets.
Interestingly, meat is not a prominent item in the meals I cook at home, mainly because I don't care for it. Maybe that deprivation is what drove them to eating meat elsewhere...